Advanced CPR Training provides CPR classes in Dallas and Fort Worth area to anyone with limited or no medical training who needs to CPR certification to meet job or OSHA regulatory requirements. The AHA Heartsaver CPR class will teach you how to perform CPR on an adult, child or infant, teach you how to use a defibrillator or AED and will give you the skills to help in cases of choking.
What will I learn from this class?
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child, and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child, and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant victims.
Who will benefit from this course? Anybody who has limited or no medical training but needs to get CPR certified such as parents, school children, teachers, lifeguards, airline personnel, security personnel, family members of patients with heart problems, factory workers and those who just want to learn CPR. This class is ideal for workplace training where having trained lay responders may prove invaluable for the safety of customers as well as employees.
How long is this class? It takes at least 2 hours but may last longer depending on the number of people
- CEUs: yes
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:·
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival· Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival· Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child/Infant Module is optional