Physio-Control LIFEPAK Overview
Physio-Control is a legacy name in defibrillation devices and all but “owns” the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) market with more LIFEPAK brand devices (like the CR® Plus) in use than any other! Formerly the Medtronic CR® Plus, the now Physio-Control LIFEPAK CR® Plus defibrillator combines best-in-class technology with the simplicity and portability required for use by the general public in a sudden cardiac arrest emergency. The Physio-Control LIFEPAK CR Plus is a great AED for schools, homes, offices, or other similar environments. It puts the advantages and advanced technology emergency medical professionals have come to trust and rely on squarely in the hands of anyone ready to save a life in the event of an SCA emergency.
Questions? Call or chat to speak with a customer service specialist now!
LIFEPAK CR® Plus Defibrillator Specs & Features
- Dimensions: 8″ x 9.5″ (not including the flexible handle) and 4.2″ tall
- Weight: ~4.5 lbs (fully loaded)
- Simply press the release to open the lid and the unit turns “on” – no “on” or “off” buttons to press.
- Voice prompts guide you through the emergency defibrillation process
- Utilizes Physio-Control’s patented ADAPTIVE biphasic waveform with an initial shock at 200 joules rising to 360 as demanded
- Available in semi-automatic (user presses shock button) and fully-automatic varieties
- 8-year factory warranty
- Automatic maintenance (see below for details)
LIFEPAK CR® Plus Maintenance
Maintaining the Physio-Control LIFEPAK CR Plus is straightforward. The CHARGE-PAK (a battery system unique to the CR Plus) and electrodes ship to you with identical expiration dates. At expiration, or after each use, you replace both simultaneously. CHARGE-PAKs and electrodes last about 2 years. Pediatric electrodes are available as an option.
The LIFEPAK CR® Plus performs a basic self-check weekly and a deeper diagnostic test monthly. This means you don’t have to constantly check the device’s status by turning it on. The AED has a readiness display which reveals its status to you even through the carry case.